Recipe by Dib's
The original recipe was a 1953 Sunset Mag recipe. I've added more nuts and cinnamon and less flour. It's awsome!
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Di, I owe you an apology because I forgot to rate this pie probably because just as quickly as it was made it was gone!!! I used macintosh apples and they added such a great taste. Served warm with vanilla bean ice cream...oh soooo good! This was great and easy to make. Thanks for the recipe, I plan on making it again it was the first time ever I made an apple pie, can't wait to make it again.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 6 -8 granny smith apples or 6 -8 mcintosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in a bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, except butter and sprinkle evenly over apples.
- DRIZZLE melted butter over the top, cover every square inch and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Cover with foil if needed as the nuts tend to burn.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.