Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is something you are just going to have to try! It's bread but with a twist. The crust will actually crack and crinkle (the only way I know to describe it) The bread is moist and wonderful. Try it you'll love! NOTE: YOU MUST MAKE SURE WATER AND MILK ARE WARM (NOT HOT OR TOO COLD) OR YOUR YEAST WILL NOT ACTIVATE.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine yeast, warm water, WARM milk, sugar and pinch of salt. Stir to dissolve and let rest for 5 minutes until frothy. Add in vegetable oil, remaining salt and about 2 cups flour. Using the dough hook attachment, mix at medium speed until the dough comes together. Add remaining flour a tablespoon or two at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size. Once dough has risen, turn out again onto floured surface and divide into 6 equal portions. Shape each into a bowl and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Let rise for 15 minutes while you prepare topping.
- For topping, combine all ingredients and mix to combine and let rest for 15 minutes til slightly frothy.
- Once the rolls have risen a bit and the topping is frothy, spread a generous layer on the rolls, trying to use all the topping in a thick coat on top and sides of rolls. Let rise for another 20 minutes. Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes, until well browned. Let cool completely before serving.
- *** YOU CAN USE YOUR MIXER OR HAND MIX THIS.