Prep 11 mins
Cook 9 mins
Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon butter
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon slice
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine egg, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture, and dredge in wheat germ.
- Melt butter in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice to skillet.
- Cook over high heat, deglazing skillet by scraping bits that cling to bottom; pour over chicken.
- Garnish, if desired.
Although I don't usually pan-fry my chicken breasts, this recipe gave us a great tasting main course which I served up with a combo of brown rice & peas! Most satisfying, & thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]