Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old recipe card I found while cleaning. I think it belonged to my great aunt Mildred. She wrote that the recipe was from Norman Slabiak, 10/7/64. Also, she noted that the 2 small egg yolks can either come from 2 small eggs or 1 large egg.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 small egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Blend first four ingredients; add egg yolk.
- Press mixture into 15x10 pan.
- For topping, mix sugar and cinnamon; add slightly beaten egg whites and spread over top.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.