Recipe by Bergy
I am not a sweet eater so I have not made these easy bars but they look tempting. Imagine using Soda Crackers for the base! The recipe is from Kraft Foods.They say The best crunchy Brittle .you have ever eaten. No-one will guess the secret ingredient. Takes 10 minutes to make them Please read the two reviews before making the recipe. I suggest that you use "Release" foil or spray with Pam. I checked the ingredients and they are correct according to kraft. Perhaps they have a very thin layer on top.
Top Review by imosiman
A friend served these at coffee this morning. She said she used 2 sticks butter or margerine and 1 Cup Brown Sugar. Then sprinkled them with chocolate chips and pecans. I loved these darn things - had two - and they are so simple.
- 35 premium soda crackers, Salted tops (or you may want to use unsalted)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (225 g) package semisweet chocolate (8 squares)
- 1 cup walnuts, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place crackers in a single layer on a 15x10" cookie sheet.
- Heat butter and sugar over medium high heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Bring to a boil: boil 3 minutes without stirring.
- Spread over the crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread the now melted chocolate over top,.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts, cool.
- cut or break into pieces, enjoy.