Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from topsecretrecipes and tastes just like the Crunch n Munch you buy.. maybe even better.
- 8 cups popped microwave popcorn (natural flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish peanuts or 1⁄4 cup regular unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- Spread popcorn and peanuts on a baking sheet and keep warm in your oven set to 300 degrees while you prepare the butter toffee.
- You don't need to preheat the oven.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add sugar and corn syrup and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Pop a candy thermometer into the mixture and watch it closely.
- When the thermometer reaches 300 degrees pour the candy over the warm popcorn and peanuts.
- Stir well so that the candy coats the popcorn.
- Put the popcorn back into the oven for 5 minutes, then stir it again to coat the popcorn.
- Repeat if necessary to thoroughly coat all of the popcorn.
- Pour coated popcorn and peanuts onto wax paper.
- When cool, break up the chunks into bite-size pieces and store it all in a covered container.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes Unlocked" (Penguin/Putnam 2009)
This tastes exactly like crunch n munch. I didn't have the spanish peanuts so I used regular ones. It was really simple and my kids (and I) couldn't stop eating it. I will make this again.