Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy candy-like snack.
- 40 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pecans or almonds or walnuts, chopped
- Mix cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar.
- Spread on foil-lined 15x10" jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Will appear unbaked.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cracker mixture.
- Return to oven for a few minutes. When melted, spread over cracker mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Press lightly into chocolate.
- Set up in refrigerator. Break into pieces.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
This is really good stuff. I have a variation of this that I like even better, and get raves from all who eat this candy crunch. I use sheets of Matsos Cracker -- the Jewish flatbread. The big sheets fit nicely in the bottom of a 11x17 pan. Mix in sauce pan the butter and brn sugar and bring to a boil for 3 mins, add 1/2 tsp vanilla then pour and spread over crackers. Bake at 350 for about 13-15 mins. remove, sprinkle with choc chips, rest 4 minutes and spread with spatula. Top with nuts. Tastes just like Skor candy bars or English Toffee. Very addictive!