Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy mushrooms with a crunchy top.
- 1 1⁄2 packages Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Toss half the crumbs with the butter; set aside.
- Place mushrooms in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with dry crumbs.
- Pour cream over.
- Sprinkle with buttered crumbs and papkika.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 30 minutes.
ok the only reason i am not giving this 5 stars is that it doesn't require the mushrooms to be sauted first, and i dont think i would have liked it as much with the "raw" taste. so the only change i made was to saute them in butter first, and they turned out wonderful. my new husband, whose fav veg is mushrooms was very impressed...thanks for posting what would be a keeper if it were not such an artery-clogger:)