Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The topping on this fish is real crumbly, you may lose some of it getting it to the plate. But just spoon it on the fish, it tastes great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- Combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Pat the fish dry.
- Place, skin side down, in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Drizzle with 1 T butter.
- Cover with crumbs; press the crumbs onto the fish.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 T butter.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 20 minutes.
Everyone loved this one . . . although I omitted the lemon zest.
DH brought home some fresh halibut yesterday and this was a great way to prepare it! Great taste, easy to fix, and the texture of the crumbs was really nice. I didn't have a fresh lemon, so subbed about 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice. Also, subbed about 1/8 tsp cayenne for the paprika. Our fillets were a bit thick, so added about 4 minutes to the cooking time.