Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A popular Sicilian cookie which is made with almond flour.
- 17 1⁄2 ounces almond flour
- 14 ounces sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 ounce orange marmalade
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 17 1⁄2 ounces confectioners' sugar
- Beat 6 eggs into a batter and put aside. Combine flour, sugar, marmalade, and lemon rind and mix well.
- Form cigar-shaped cookies and dip into egg batter. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and lay them in a buttered pan, shaping them into an "S".
- Bake at 360° until golden brown.
I tried this recipe as is and it did not work. The almond flour I used was just ground almonds, if there's another one out there please post the brand. Adding eggs to ground almonds just turned it into a soupy mess, I had to add regular flour to stiffen up the dough. All of the other recipes for crumiri contain cornmeal and all of the recipes with almond flour were exactly the same. What did I do wrong? Help