Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy recipe from Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston.
- 1 (6 ounce) can wild salmon, drained or 6 ounces fresh salmon
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 whole wheat pita bread (cut in half)
- In a mixing bowl, add salmon, oil (or mayonnaise) lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Fold in chopped cucumber, shredded carrots, and mint.
- Stuff each half of pita pocket with field greens and 1/2 of the crumbly salmon mixture.
- Serve with side salad or fresh fruit and enjoy!