1/1 Photo of Crumbly Streusel-Y Blueberry Pie
1 hr 15 mins
i don't remember what prompted me but i decided that i needed to make a bluberry pie. oddly enough, none of my cookbooks had a recipe so i turned to my friend the internet. after finding countless "thaw frozen dough, add canned pie filling" recipes i decided to try and put together one of my own. you will need 1 9-inch pie crust. i like to use one i found here, #20984 flaky pie crust posted by teresa m. it's easy to make and use but, if you have your own favorite, go ahead and use it. though i haven't tried it yet, i have a feeling this would be just as good with any other berry, cherry, apple, or even peach filling. one more note - prep time is estimated and depends mainly on your choice of crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- additional butter (optional)
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- 1preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- 2make the blueberry filling.
- 3combine berries, 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a saucepan.
- 4heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture has reached boiling point.
- 5remove from heat.
- 6make the topping.
- 7mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 8cut in butter (or shortening) until crumbly (if you've got one, a food processor works well. a few pulses should suffice).
- 9separate out 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- 10add nutmeg and cinnamon (if using) to the 1/2 cup portion.
- 11make the other filling.
- 12add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder to the remaining flour/sugar mixture.
- 13combine 1/2 cup milk, egg, and vanilla. add to dry ingredients and combine until moist.
- 14pour into pie shell.
- 15spoon in blueberry mixture and cut through to marble (use a spoon so you don't accidentally cut through your crust like i did the firt time i made this).
- 16sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup of sugar/flour mixture on top.
- 17dot with butter and garnish with dashes of cinnamon sugar (if desired).
- 18bake 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumbly Streusel-Y Blueberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1051 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2629.2
- Calories from Fat 798
- Total Fat 88.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 248.8 mg
- Sodium 2351.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 430.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 231.1 g
- Protein 36.7 g