- 175 g butter, room temp. cubed
- 200 g golden syrup
- 175 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 85 g mixed chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
- Line base tray-bake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and beat until well-blended and creamy.
- Tip into cake tin.
- Scatter chocolate on top.
- Mix remaining ingreients and scatter over top of chocolate.
- Lightly press to compact mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool in tin before cutting into squares. Will store wrapped in foil for 4 days.