Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this one from Nigella. It is SO easy and very tasty. Nigella recommends serving it in lettuce wraps, but I have used it in tortillas and even as the filling for spring rolls which were to die for! Enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 red chilies, finely chopped
- 375 g minced beef
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Put the oil in a frying pan and saute for a couple of minutes until aromatic.
- Add the beef and cook stirring over high heat until browned.
- Add the fish sauce and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Toss in the spring onions, juice and coriander.
- That's it- ready to serve as you wish (if you can stop eating it straight from the pan!).
I cant believe I didnt review this recipee. I have made this dozens oftimes and love it. Its my favorite guick meal just as the recipe is. Sometiems I vary things up a bit but usually its just as it is onhere.
This was VERY good. I made this with some Indonesian spicy cabbage and rice
Great, but some subs that I want to note because I want to be able to make it again. I used hot pepper powder instead of peppers, lemon juice, chopped shallots, ground coriander powder, some red curry paste for extra taste and some ground coconut. Used for the filling for wraps.