I'm not good at pastry. So this is the way I get around it. These freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub chilled butter into flour, until breadcrumb stage.
- 2Stir in the sugar and satsuma zest.
- 3Spoon out 4 tablespoons of the pastry mixture and set aside. Add approximately 4 tbsp of the satsuma juice to the main pastry and mix to make a fairly soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll oute the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin. Stamp out, using a 9cm fluted cutter - 12 circles.
- 5Press into tart tins - the pastry should protrude above the tins. Spoon the mincemeat into the pastry cases, being careful not to overfill.
- 6Mix in the flaked almonds with the reserved crumbly mix and over the mincemeat to cover lightly.
- 7You could freeze the whole try for baking.
- 8Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180/gas 6.
- 9Bake frozen pies for 25 minutes, or unfrozen for 18 - 20 minutes. Pies should be golden and cooked through.
- 10Cool on a wire rack and serve dusted with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumble Topped Mince Pies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 65.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: