Shannon Holmes's Note:
I found this recipe on the back of a Blueberry Almond Cereal Box (Kroger brand) and modified it and my husband loves them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup kroger blueberry almond cereal or 1 cup post blueberry morning cereal
- 8 ounces blueberry yogurt (I used lite)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (this was originally 2 eggs)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I left this out)
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray 6 large muffin pan cups with cooking spray or 12 regular.
- 3Make topping: Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon; cut inches.
- 4margarine until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- 5Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, combine cereal and yogurt.
- 7Let stand for 5 minutes, or until cereal is softened.
- 8Add oil, vanilla (if using) and applesauce. Beat well.
- 9Add flour mixture, stir until combined.
- 10You may need a splash of cream (about 2 tablespoons or so) to moisten the batter slightly.
- 11Divide evenly among cups, sprinkle with the topping.
- 12Cook about 20 minutes and cool in pan on cooling rack.
- 13Remove from pan and place in Tupperware.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumble Topped Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
blueberry almond cereal