Recipe by Shannon Holmes
I found this recipe on the back of a Blueberry Almond Cereal Box (Kroger brand) and modified it and my husband loves them!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup kroger blueberry almond cereal or 1 cup post blueberry morning cereal
- 8 ounces blueberry yogurt (I used lite)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (this was originally 2 eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (I left this out)
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 6 large muffin pan cups with cooking spray or 12 regular.
- Make topping: Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon; cut inches.
- margarine until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and yogurt.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, or until cereal is softened.
- Add oil, vanilla (if using) and applesauce. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture, stir until combined.
- You may need a splash of cream (about 2 tablespoons or so) to moisten the batter slightly.
- Divide evenly among cups, sprinkle with the topping.
- Cook about 20 minutes and cool in pan on cooling rack.
- Remove from pan and place in Tupperware.