Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my spin on a delicious muffin recipe I found on Libby's website. My DH accidentally came home with Pumkin Pie Mix instead of canned Pumpkin -- sometimes the best things come out of mistakes!! The vote has been to favor the white chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, so I usually make a batch of each, but the raisins, Craisins, or semi sweet chocolate chips would all be terrific!!!
- 4 cups baking mix, all-purpose
- 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional) or 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional) or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup quick oats or 2⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie mix, such as Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix (NOT CANNED PUMPKIN, THEY ARE DIFFERENT)
- 2 large eggs
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups.
- COMBINE baking mix, raisins, oats, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Combine pumpkin pie mix and eggs in medium bowl; mix well.
- Stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire rack; cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
- FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:.
- COMBINE 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
Made half the recipe and used a 24 mini muffins pan. Made a delicious little pop in your mouth treat. Actually used leftover homemade sweet potato pie casserole and white chocolate chips. Left off the strusel top because had those ingredients in the casserole.
Can't wait to make these again! These muffins were Fabulous. I wish my camera was working because they were beautiful as well. Loved the topping! This is such an easy recipe... I used Bisquick for baking mix and choose the White Chocolate chips and added some chopped walnuts. O-Wow, these dissappeared fast. *Definite* *Keeper* Thanks for another fab pumpkin dessert. Delish. ~V