1/1 Photo of Crumble mix
Easy, quick, versatile and tasty! I found this recipe in an old cook book I picked up in a charity shop years ago. This is now my 'default' desert recipe. Use it over your favourite fruits. A couple of tips: Quantities: Flour:Butter:Sugar=2:1:1 (e.g. 6oz flour to 3oz butter and 3oz sugar). Stick to the order in which ingredients are added as described below (flour, then butter, then sugar). Vanilla sugar gives the recipe extra flavour as does a drop of vanilla extract before adding the sugar. The mix is quite sweet on its own so when preparing the filling don't over-sweeten. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure flour into a microwave-proof bowl.
- 2Add the butter to the flour (just plonk it in in one big lump if you want!) Pop bowl with butter and flour in the microwave for between 10 and 20 seconds to soften butter.
- 3Use a fork to blend flour and butter until the mix texture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 4Add sugar and mix together with a fork.
- 5Sprinkle over crumble filling of your choice in an oven-proof pie dish (Apple and rasin, rhubarb and ground ginger, peaches and raspberries are some of my favourtie fillings. Fresh fruits will need to be par-cooked- pop in microwave covered and with a spoon or two of water after peeling/chopping for a few minutes- before spri) Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celcius for about 30 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or cold with fresh cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumble mix
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1558.1
- Calories from Fat 635
- Total Fat 70.6 g
- Saturated Fat 43.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 611.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 214.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 85.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g