Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Assorted berries baked in a pie shell with a crumble topping. My husband requested it so I combined the best berry pie recipes with the best berry crisp recipes, and got the best of both worlds! I used a frozen medley of blueberries, raspberries, and lingonberries that I got from Costco.
Top Review by Amarice
So good and easy to do! I added about 1/2-1 tbsp of tapioca as my thawed berries were very juicy. I will definitely be making this again as it combines two of my favourite desserts: berry crumble and bumbleberry pie!
- 9 inch deep dish pie shells
- 946.36 ml berries (thawed if frozen)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml oats
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix topping ingredients together, stirring in the melted butter last, and set aside.
- Cook all the filling ingredients EXCEPT the berries on medium, whisking frequently, until it is well blended and thick (5-7 minutes).
- Remove filling from heat and stir in berries.
- Pour filling into pie crust (don't poke the crust with a fork).
- Crumble topping over filling, completely covering it (no berries showing through).
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes, and serve. Optionally, top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.