Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Assorted berries baked in a pie shell with a crumble topping. My husband requested it so I combined the best berry pie recipes with the best berry crisp recipes, and got the best of both worlds! I used a frozen medley of blueberries, raspberries, and lingonberries that I got from Costco.
Top Review by Amarice
So good and easy to do! I added about 1/2-1 tbsp of tapioca as my thawed berries were very juicy. I will definitely be making this again as it combines two of my favourite desserts: berry crumble and bumbleberry pie!
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 4 cups berries (thawed if frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix topping ingredients together, stirring in the melted butter last, and set aside.
- Cook all the filling ingredients EXCEPT the berries on medium, whisking frequently, until it is well blended and thick (5-7 minutes).
- Remove filling from heat and stir in berries.
- Pour filling into pie crust (don't poke the crust with a fork).
- Crumble topping over filling, completely covering it (no berries showing through).
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes, and serve. Optionally, top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.