Assorted berries baked in a pie shell with a crumble topping. My husband requested it so I combined the best berry pie recipes with the best berry crisp recipes, and got the best of both worlds! I used a frozen medley of blueberries, raspberries, and lingonberries that I got from Costco.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix topping ingredients together, stirring in the melted butter last, and set aside.
- Cook all the filling ingredients EXCEPT the berries on medium, whisking frequently, until it is well blended and thick (5-7 minutes).
- Remove filling from heat and stir in berries.
- Pour filling into pie crust (don't poke the crust with a fork).
- Crumble topping over filling, completely covering it (no berries showing through).
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes, and serve. Optionally, top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
So good and easy to do! I added about 1/2-1 tbsp of tapioca as my thawed berries were very juicy. I will definitely be making this again as it combines two of my favourite desserts: berry crumble and bumbleberry pie!
This was very yummy! I used a bag with a medly of 4 berries, thawed it, but wasn't sure if I needed to drain it or not...ended up draining half of the juices off. Also, the bag had way too many strawberries for my taste. Next time I will use the packs of frozen berries so I can pick how much I want of each type of berry. I added 1 extra T. of cornstarch and mine was not runny at all. Served with vanilla ice cream and was enjoyed by all. Thanks for posting Picholine.
Great recipe! Made the following adjustments: Used 22 oz fresh blueberries and 12 oz of fresh sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup splenda, 1.5 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp vanilla. For the topping, I just used the brown sugar and flour, no oats and it was enough to cover. Used a Marie Calendars deep dish pie crust which I first baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then filled it, lowered temp to 375 and baked for 45 min. Baking the pie crust before adding the filling keeps it from being soggy...absolutely delicious!