Recipe by mandabears
This is a combination of several crumb cake recipes that I tweaked and tested until I came up with this great one. My family thinks that this one is the best. It starts with a cake mix of course and is rich and cinamony and wonderful warm with a hot cup of coffee.
Top Review by JOY1998
This is delicious! I made two cakes and added blueberries to the cake. I did only 1.5 the topping. I think that the topping turned out perfect! This was easy to make and I separated the batter into two round spring form pans and one 9 x 13 glass pan. I am taking 1 cake to work and another to a friend. Of course I am keeping one for home. I will be saving this recipe and making it again. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) packageduncan hines butter recipe cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix cake mix, water, softened butter and eggs on low for 30 seconds until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare topping.
- After 20 minuntes take cake out of oven.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until crumbly.