Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe by chef Jeremy Jones as heard on Radio NZ. I have added a few extra ingredients. It is simple and very tasty. There is no reason why you couldn't use the same as a topping for other fish. I hope you enjoy!! :o)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- rock salt
- 24 scallops
- Heat oven to 200c.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a frypan and cook onion & garlic until soft and golden.
- In a bowl mix together breadcrumbs, roughly chopped cashews, parsley, lemon rind, parmesan, capers, red pepper and the cooked onion & garlic.
- Dry the scallops with a paper towel then.
- toss with the breadcrumb mix, pepper & salt and remaining oil.
- Place on an oven proof serving dish and cook.
- for 8 mins until the sides are bubbling and the crumbs are golden brown.