Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Had it in a resturant many years ago. Love the melted cheese when you open up the crumbed case its hot gooey and yummy. Is just right on a small bed of lettuce dizzled with a sauce of your choice i love berries of apricot.
- 375 g camembert cheese (full Round)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet tea biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup mixed berry
- 2 g sugar, to taste
- 1 liter canola oil
- Put packet of dry sweet biscuit into a blender, blend until biscuit resembles a fine crumb,put into a bag to use in the same way used with covering the cheese with flour.
- Cut cheese into segments dust in flour(made easy by putting flour into a plastic bag adding cheese and shaking to cheese is covered) shake any excess flour off.
- Dip cheese in lightly beaten eggs then add cheese to the biscuit crumb shake until cheese covered in crumb then dip cheese in egg and repeat with the crumb, shake any excess crumb off.
- Place crumbed cheese on a paper towel cover with paper towel and let rest in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Heat Oil when at a med/high heat (not med and not high in between both) add segments of cheese cook until a light golden colour and shell is crisp-drain on paper towel.
- Arrange on lettuce drizzle with your fav sauce.
- Place mixed berries in a pan heat, add sugar to taste, mash berries till fine lumps.
- and juices and sugar is dissolved.Drizzle and enjoy! (should be prepared before cooking cheese,then only reheating needed before serving).