Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Economical meal, serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables and a gravy or barbecue sauce. Can be taken up to the crumbed point then fried to colour the crumbs and heat through in the oven. Also for a change you could spice up the crumbs with ground cayenne, chilli etc. Have also crumbed and frozen for use at a later date.
- 1⁄2 kg beef sausage (8 thick breakfast sausages)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs (dried packaged)
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- Put sausages into a pot of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool till handling point (don't worry if skin has come off).
- Half the sausages lengthwise.
- Mix egg a milk together, put flour onto a plate and breadcrumbs onto another plate.
- Dip sausage half into flour, then egg/milk and then the crumbs; repeat till all sausages are crumbed.
- Heat oil in frypan on a medium heat and fry sausages in batches if required.
I can't believe that I haven't rated this beofre. I have been making this for about 5 years and my kids LOVE this. Thanks for posting!
This was just pretty good. I made the recipe as stated. The crumb coating kind of took away from the sausage flavor. I'm sure it is only a personal preference, but I won't make this again.
Wow what a hit. This is so easy. My dh really liked this one. Wish sausages so cheap I will be making this one regually Made for Edition 7: MAKE MY RECIPE -- a game of tag in the Aust/NZ forum.