Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looking for a buttery low-carb supper that is ready in a pinch. The moist fillets are topped with pretty, golden bread crumbs, making them fit for weekend entertaining.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) sole fillets or 4 (6 ounce) perch
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, mustard seed and pepper; spread over tops of fillets.
- Place on broiler pan coated with nonstick cooking spray; Broil 4-inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crunbs , onion, ground mustard and remaining Parmesan cheese; stir in butter.
- Spoon over fillets; spriz topping with nonstick cooking spray.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes longer or until golden brown, enjoy.
How could this recipe NOT have any other ratings? This is ONE OF THE BEST fish recipes we have ever eaten, and I wish I'd've found this sooner!!! The Peanut Gallery took one or two bites, and I heard pleasant mmm's and ahhh's issuing forth. I used a 1# pkg of sole, so had to double the recipe, and I used toasty breadcrumbs (not soft), skipped the green onion because it was my onion-hating son's first day of his senior year, and I wanted to bend over backwards "for once" (!!! he thinks Mom NEVER does! HA!). Otherwise I followed the recipe as written except I added more of the ground mustard than called for, only because a quarter teaspoon seemed chintzy, and I'm glad I did...a little tangy bite with that creamy fish meat...mmmm--mmmm--good! This one definitely goes to the top of the FISH recipes in my KEEPER file! Sorry I didn't take a picture, but it's a pretty recipe, too!