Recipe by Redsie
Top Review by diner524
I made this, a serving for two, with leftover mashed potatoes, that I heated up in the microwave. I then added some extra milk, the cheese and the garlic powder. I then mixed the melt butter with the crackers and topped the potatoes and then put in the oven to bake. I was flipping between 4 and 5 stars, as I am used to gravy with mashed potatoes so not as dry, but also like all the ingredients and the two different textures. Next time I would add some seasoned salt and more butter, as Kittencal did for the potatoes!! Thanks for posting Redsie. Made for Stars Tag.
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled, quartered (3-1/2 lb)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling water 15 to 20 minute or until potatoes are tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan. Mash with hand masher until smooth, gradually adding milk and mixing well after each addition. Stir in cheese. Spoon into 2-L casserole dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs, garlic powder and margarine; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minute or until potato mixture is heated through and topping is lightly browned.