Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good. We love the topping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Stir into dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon topping ingredients.
- Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
These were so good. The topping was perfect and the muffins so tasty. Thank you so much for this. I will be making these again. YUMMY!!!
This is a great banana bread recipe. My family looks forward to getting banana muffiins every time bananas start to look a little too old. I add an additional 1/2 cup of brown sugar 1tsp. of vanilla and 1tsp. of cinnamon. YUUUUMM! This is definately a recipe I will be serving for many years to come.
I LOVE how these muffins turned out. I've tried making muffins before but they always either turn out too dry or they taste incredibly bland despite the recipe having rave reviews. THIS recipe however did not fail me. I was looking to make hubby a snack for when he goes to work in the morning.
I cut back some on the butter (I cut the amount in half), added the nutmeg, vanilla, and cinnamon other reviewers did, and I used brown sugar. I used some really ripe almost mushy bananas and these muffins turned out FANTASTIC. I baked mine for about 13 minutes since my muffin molds are a little smaller than usual. After eating one and letting the aftertaste set in, I do think I would cut back a bit on the amount of sugar used in the batter next time and play with a different topping; I added some oatmeal to it. Although I think butterscotch chips would make these muffins sinful...
DH needs the calories whereas I do not, so I'm going to gleefully experiment more with this recipe. DELICIOUS!!