These are so good. We love the topping.
Make and share this Crumb Topped Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Stir into dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon topping ingredients.
- Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.