1/1 Photo of Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are super moist and almost cake like. Sure to delight your family for breakfast. You can freeze freeze them in plastic freezer bags for up to 2 months. Reheat in a 350 oven for 8-10 minutes, or in a micorwave oven at 1-minute intervals. From William Sonoma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace (I use nutmeg)
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (I use the buttermilk substitute from this site)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375. Have ready one 12-cup muffin pan. Grease 10 of the cups and fill any unused cups with water to prevent warping. (I usually grease 11 of the cups and grease the top of the pan as well since they have big muffin tops).
- 2To make the topping, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon, and mace (or nutmeg). Cut the butter into pieces and, using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3To make the muffins, stir together the flour, sugars, bakng powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest in a bowl.
- 4In another bowl, whisk toghether the eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and buttermilk. Stir the butter milk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. The batter should be lumpy. Fold the blueberries into the batter just until evenly distributed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 5Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim of the cup. Sprinkle each muffin with some crumb topping.
- 6Bake until golden, dry, and springy to the touch, 20 -25 minutes. A cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove each muffin from its cup with a small metal spatula. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of