Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
Make and share this Crumb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine ingredients for bottom part and cook until thickened.
- Combine flour and baking soda for top part.
- Add sugar and shortening.
- Pour bottom mix into an unbaked crust.
- Sprinkle crumbs over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
This is one of our family's favorites. Our recipe is called the Quaker Town Crumb Pie from the Mennonite Community Cookbook. We revised it slightly by using Dark Karo Syrup instead of the molasses. Excellent served while still warm with vanilla ice cream. My DH loves it!