Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've never made this before, but it came from a pie cookbook we got at the apple orchard.
Make and share this Crumb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 unbake 9 inch pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, and spices.
- Cut in butter till mixture resembles fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In another, larger mixing bowl stir together the molasses, boiling water, and baking soda.
- Beat until mixture becomes foamy and rises. Stir crumb mixture into molasses mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minute or until firm.