Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Chop nuts very finely in food grinder or food processor (or put in a plastic zipper storage bag and roll over with a rolling pin to crush nuts.) Should have 1 cup of ground nuts.
- Cookies should also be chopped very finely.
- Combine crumbs, chopped nuts and sugar, and mix thoroughly; drizzle with melted butter and mix lightly.
- Press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of springform pan.
- Proceed with your favorite cheesecake recipe.
- Note 1: Requires about 25 vanilla wafers to make 3/4 cups crumbs.
- Note 2: Any type of dry, unfilled, unfrosted cookies may be used instead of vanilla wafers.