Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The recipe's title is a mouthful, but it does pretty much describe the dish - except it should also say "Wonderfully Easy and Delicious" at the start. Courtesy of the Francisco Bread Company which provides a photo of it looking yummy on a bed of couscous nestled beside baby salad greens & a lemon wedge.
- 2-3 slice sourdough bread or 2-3 slice French bread
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 453.59 g salmon fillet, fresh, cut into 4 pieces
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml capers, tiny as possible, drained
- 9.85 ml lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, process bread slices and spices including S & P for 10 seconds or until it forms soft bread crumbs.
- Brush top and sides of salmon fillets with olive oil.
- Dip the salmon in crumbs to coat top & sides & place in an oiled, shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 10-12 min., or until crumbs are golden brown & salmon flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayo, mustard, capers, & lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce on cooked salmon, or on the side, as you like.
This was very quick to make, and very delicious! Next time I will mix the spices and evenly divide them over the fish after the breadcrumbs are adhered to enhance the flavor. Loved the sauce!