Recipe by Bay Laurel
This is a crust that I love because it does not require the skills to make a pastry dough crust .Very simple, sweet,and crunchy. This is out of Joy of Cooking and makes one 9 or 10 inch single pie crust.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put graham crackers in bowl, reserving a tablespoon or two for topping if desired.
- add and stir sugar,butter, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Place crumb mixture in pie pan, distributing the crumbs evenly, then press another pie pan of the same diameter firmly on top. Trim access.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes.
- Let shell cool before filling.