Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Makes 12 servings Nutrition Facts: 1/12 of the cake 210 kcal 5 grams of fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk flours, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and mix with remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat butter with white sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat in 1/3 of the flour, 1/3 of yogurt. Repeat twice more.
- Stir melted butter into the sugar/cinnamon mixture and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, rotating halfway through baking.
Unlike most of the recipes I've tried from THE BEST LIGHT RECIPE cookbook, I wasn't too impressed with this one. It was a bit dry and lacking in flavor.