Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine. It was quite a bit like my grandmothers tomatoes....memories.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (about 13-15)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices (fresh garden tomatoes are the best, of course)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip tomatoe slices into the egg, then into the cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook tomatoes in buter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Wow, were these tomatoes lovely. I really enjoyed them prepared this way. They were quick and easy to make and tasted great. They made a great lunch, garnished with some fresh basil and served with fresh naan bread. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty tasty recipe, which I will make often.
I easily doubled this recipe, because I was making this for four people. I loved this recipe, because it was easy to prepare, although it did make the pan a little sticky.