Recipe by Redsie
From Light and Tasty. Curious about the mix of cornmeal and breadcrumbs. Will try soon!
Top Review by Canadian_in_the_Bay
The bread coating on the chicken worked out well; however, we found that it could use some more taste. I would recommend doubling the amount of all the spices and leaving everything else the same.
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15x10 inch baking pan with foil.
- Coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and hot pepper sauce.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal and seasonings.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place bone side down in prepared pan.
- Spritz chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spritz again with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees Fahrenheit.