Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This will be the last crumb cake recipe you'll ever need. It's wonderful. It's my friend Fran's mother's recipe. It's far from low fat and I guess that's what makes it such a delicious cake. Everyone will ask you for the recipe.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (VERY SOFT-almost melted)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet with sides (11 x 17 or 10 1/2 x 15) just watch the time.
- Mix cake using above ingredients.
- Spread in cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° for 20 minutes (20 minutes is the time for the 10 1/2 x 15 pan), so a little less time if you are using the bigger pan.
- I like the 11 x 17 pan.
- Crumbs: Add ingredients to bowl and mix together.
- Spread in chunks covering cake.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Let me be the first to say people will want the recipe! I have lots of neighbors who drop in all the time, and are welcome to whatever I have cooked or am cooking. I have already printed this recipe four times since I made it yesterday, and am just now posting my review. I followed the recipe exactly from start to finish. Delicious! Try it, you'll like it!
This is unbelievably delicious for such an easy cake to prepare! My whole family adored it; my little brother had three pieces! I loved that it used cake mix because that made it so much simpler. I realized after getting home from the grocery store that I was out of butter cake mix, so I used yellow cake mix. After reading others' reviews, I added two teaspoons of cinnamon to the cake mix before baking, along with a teaspoon or so of vanilla. Then, I added an extra teaspoon of cinnamon to the crumb topping. This intensified the cinnamon flavor but was definitely not too much. I served it sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, as suggested, but also topped with Cool Whip! Talk about delicious and decadent! Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.