Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This will be the last crumb cake recipe you'll ever need. It's wonderful. It's my friend Fran's mother's recipe. It's far from low fat and I guess that's what makes it such a delicious cake. Everyone will ask you for the recipe.
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet with sides (11 x 17 or 10 1/2 x 15) just watch the time.
- Mix cake using above ingredients.
- Spread in cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° for 20 minutes (20 minutes is the time for the 10 1/2 x 15 pan), so a little less time if you are using the bigger pan.
- I like the 11 x 17 pan.
- Crumbs: Add ingredients to bowl and mix together.
- Spread in chunks covering cake.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Let me be the first to say people will want the recipe! I have lots of neighbors who drop in all the time, and are welcome to whatever I have cooked or am cooking. I have already printed this recipe four times since I made it yesterday, and am just now posting my review. I followed the recipe exactly from start to finish. Delicious! Try it, you'll like it!
Like other reviewers, I didn't have either size pan--used a 9X13 and had to bake quite a bit longer. I also halved the topping--that just seemed like an incredible amount! Halving covered the entire top. It tasted good, but I guess I expected "wow" after reading some of the rave reviews and luvmybge's introductory comments. It's not that, but it is easy and flavorful.