Recipe by luvmybge
This will be the last crumb cake recipe you'll ever need. It's wonderful. It's my friend Fran's mother's recipe. It's far from low fat and I guess that's what makes it such a delicious cake. Everyone will ask you for the recipe.
Top Review by Lilladyc
Let me be the first to say people will want the recipe! I have lots of neighbors who drop in all the time, and are welcome to whatever I have cooked or am cooking. I have already printed this recipe four times since I made it yesterday, and am just now posting my review. I followed the recipe exactly from start to finish. Delicious! Try it, you'll like it!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (VERY SOFT-almost melted)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet with sides (11 x 17 or 10 1/2 x 15) just watch the time.
- Mix cake using above ingredients.
- Spread in cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° for 20 minutes (20 minutes is the time for the 10 1/2 x 15 pan), so a little less time if you are using the bigger pan.
- I like the 11 x 17 pan.
- Crumbs: Add ingredients to bowl and mix together.
- Spread in chunks covering cake.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.