This will be the last crumb cake recipe you'll ever need. It's wonderful. It's my friend Fran's mother's recipe. It's far from low fat and I guess that's what makes it such a delicious cake. Everyone will ask you for the recipe.
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet with sides (11 x 17 or 10 1/2 x 15) just watch the time.
- Mix cake using above ingredients.
- Spread in cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° for 20 minutes (20 minutes is the time for the 10 1/2 x 15 pan), so a little less time if you are using the bigger pan.
- I like the 11 x 17 pan.
- Crumbs: Add ingredients to bowl and mix together.
- Spread in chunks covering cake.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Let me be the first to say people will want the recipe! I have lots of neighbors who drop in all the time, and are welcome to whatever I have cooked or am cooking. I have already printed this recipe four times since I made it yesterday, and am just now posting my review. I followed the recipe exactly from start to finish. Delicious! Try it, you'll like it!
Like other reviewers, I didn't have either size pan--used a 9X13 and had to bake quite a bit longer. I also halved the topping--that just seemed like an incredible amount! Halving covered the entire top. It tasted good, but I guess I expected "wow" after reading some of the rave reviews and luvmybge's introductory comments. It's not that, but it is easy and flavorful.
Absolutely phenomenal recipe. This is exactly what I was looking for and it was a huge hit with everyone. Not too sweet or rich in any way but totally delicious and so easy! Thanks so much.