Recipe by Manami
I saw Emeril prepare this and I was drooling! Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002. Inactive prep time 1 hour, 15 minutes.
Top Review by robert.roldan
i tried this recipe and loved it. i use it alot when i make veggie wraps. or even chicken wraps. i made a shrimp salad using this recipe, along with some japanese mayo. after i sauted the shrimp i deglazed the pan with some white wine. after i let the shrimp drain i added the drippings to the dip and mayo. try it you'll love it too.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic, recipe follows
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (garnish)
- zucchini, batons
- jicama, sticks
- sliced mushrooms
- baby carrots
- sliced cucumber
- blanched asparagus spear
- sliced fennel
- 2 heads garlic, upper quarter removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- ROASTED GARLIC:.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the garlic on foil-lined baking sheet and rub 1 teaspoon of oil into the top of each head.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Bake until the cloves are soft and golden, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze each head of garlic expel the cloves into a bowl.
- Mash into a paste.
- Set aside until needed.
- *Note: Each head of garlic makes approximately 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic.
- PREPARE DIP:.
- Roast the pepper by placing them on an open glas flame, turning them frequently with tongs until all sides are charred black, 7-10 minutes.
- Place in a plastic or paper bag, and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the peppers, remove the seeds and stems, and discard.
- Coarsley chop the peppers.
- Transfer the peppers and garlic to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the cheese and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, add 1/4 cup of the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a steady stream through the feed tube.
- Add the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and process until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer to a decorative bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve cool or at room temp, with assorted crudites for dipping.