Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Crudites recipe from Food.com.
- 1 carrot
- 2 in cucumbers
- 1 stick celery
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 3 florets cauliflower
- 3 radishes
- 3 mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel the carrot and cut into sticks. Wash the cucumber and cut lengthways into sticks. Trim and wash the celery and cut into thin lengths. Wash the pepper and remove the seeds, cut in half lengthways and slice into fingers. Wash the cauliflower, break carefully into small florets. Wash and slice the mushrooms if large. Trim and wash the spring onions.
- Mix the chosen mayonnaise with different chosen flavourings:
- Garlic: Beat in 1/4 tsp garlic paste or powder.
- Curry: Beat in 1/4 tsp curry powder, cayenne pepper or few drops hot pepper sauce.
- Rose: Beat in 1/2 tsp tomato puree or ketchup.
- Blue cheese: Beat 1oz blue cheese to a paste, and mix it into the mayonnaise.
- Spoon the dips into individual pots. Serve the crudites on a plate, with the pot of dip surrounded by little piles of vegetables, garnished with washed crisp lettuce or watercress. For a party, serve large dishes of dips with crudites, crisps, or pieces of pitta bread.