Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I think this one can from Bon Appetit magazine, but I'm not positive. It has caramel and fudge sauces....yummmmmy!
- 20 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For caramel sauce: Stir sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup water in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and boil without stirring until syrup is amber colored, occasionally brushhing sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan, about 22 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in remaining 1/3 cup water (mixture will bubbke vigorously). Cool slightly. Add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter melts.
- For fudge sauce: Stir corn syrup, sugar and 1/4 cup water in heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and boil without stirring until reduced to 1 cup, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cocoa, salt and remaining 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Add cocoa mixture to syrup mixture and bring to simmer. Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Mix in cream and vanilla. Cool.
- Note: Both sauces can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately nad refrigerate. Rewarm before serving.
- Place 2 small scoops ice cream in each of 10 bowls. Drizzle with caramel and fudge suaces.
- Sprinkle with pecans.