1/6 Photos of Crown Roast of Pork and Stuffing
4 hrs 25 mins
An eye and taste pleaser for any special occasion. It looks so impressive wearing the little socks - take time to make them or buy the ready made. The stuffing compliments the pork flavor. You may make the socks out of foil or I prefer colored tissue paper. Cut strips of paper approx 2 1/2 " wide by 10" long, roll the paper into a cylinder and with scissors cut down 1 1/2 " on one edge of the cylinder spacing cuts1/4" apart. wrap the uncut ends around each bone and secure with thin wire or fine thread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 lbs rib roast, approx (16 ribs)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons margarine (do not use butter as it will brown too much)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 6 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups apples, peeled cored and diced (use a sweeter apple like a macIntosh)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup apple juice (or a bit more)
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine the salt, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire and rub into the roast.
- 2Place flat in a roaster bone ends down and roast covered for 2 hours in a 325 F oven.
- 3Meanwhile prepare the stuffing: Saute the onion and celery in the margarine until the onions are translucent and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add crumbs, apples, poultry seasoning, parsley flakes, 1 cup of apple juice, season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add a bit more juice if needed.
- 6The stuffing should be moist enough to hold together when squeezed lightly.
- 7After you have roasted the meat for 2 hours, remove it from the oven.
- 8Turn it so the rib ends are pointing out when you stand it on edge (like to secure the joining ribs with a bit of wire).
- 9Place a sleeve of tin foil in the center of the roast, have the foil large enough that you will be able to cover the stuffing by folding it over when filled.
- 10Fill the sleeve with the stuffing, fold foil over.
- 11Return the roast uncovered until the internal temp reaches 170F (apprx 1 1/2 hours).
- 12Decorate the rib ends with gay colored socks (use colors to match the seasons or holiday) after you have removed it from the oven and are ready to serve.
- 13**If, after stuffing the sleeve in the center of the roast, you have stuffing left over put it in a lightly greased casserole dish and put in the oven for the last 1 1/2 roasting time.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crown Roast of Pork and Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1883.2
- Calories from Fat 1290
- Total Fat 143.3 g
- Saturated Fat 56.9 g
- Cholesterol 289.7 mg
- Sodium 914.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 74.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: