Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
(Broken Window Glass Cake) dessert, recipe from an old Joys of Jell-O recipe book
Make and share this Crown Jewel Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
CROWN JEWEL CHEESE DESSERT
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, beaten with the milk until fluffy (optional)
- prepare the three flavors of gelatin separately, using l cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water for each.
- Pour each flavor into an 8 inch square pan.
- Chill until firm or overnight.
- Then combine the lemon gelatin, sugar and remaining l cup boiling water; stir until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- Stir in pineapple juice.
- Chill until slightly thickened (about l hr. l5 minutes.) Meanwhile mix the crumbs and melted butter; press into bottom of 9 inch spring form pan (I buy ready made graham crusts).
- Cut the firm gelatins into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Then prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package,blend with lemon gelatin.
- Fold in gelatin cubes.
- Pour into pan.
- Chill at least 5 hours or overnight.
- If desired, spread additional prepared whipped topping or whipped cream on top and sides.
- (This makes two if you use store bought crusts).
- ---------CROWNJEWEL CHEESE DESSERT----- Prepare Crown Jewel dessert, subsituting cream cheese for the whipped topping.
Have made this dessert many times but use either whipping cream or cool whip. We prefer the taste. P.S. this can be made into a diet dessert very easily by substiting diet jellos, splenda and low fat whipped topping. You probably will hardly notice the difference and your guests (with weight problems) will thank you for not. You do not need a graham crust - put in a trifle bowl. Enjoy.
Too easy! Makes a lovely light dessert. I used two pre-made crusts and 8 oz Cool Whip to mix with the lemon Jello, and more Cool Whip on top. They went over huge at our pre-Christmas dinner.
love this dessert for holidays. I put in graham cracker crusts for pies and goes over big!