Recipe by Rinder
A very light and colourful dessert for the summer. I use a graham wafer bottom that I use for some of my cheesecakes instead of the lady fingers around the sides. I always use a red & green jelly but I also add an orange for added colour. Sometimes I also change the flavour that I fold the whipped topping in to lemon.
- 2 (10 g) packages strawberry gelatin, divided use
- 1 (10 g) package lime gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (725 g) package lady finger cookies
- 2 cups cool whip light whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 1 strawberry& lime jelly powders separately, as directed on package,reducing cold water to 1/2 cup for each.
- Pour each into an 8 inch (2L) square pan.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Prepare another strawberry jelly powder as directed on package,reducing cold water to 1/2 cup.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Line the sides of 9inch (23cm) springform pan with lady fingers.
- Fold topping into slightly thickened strawberry jelly; gently fold in jelly which has been cut into 1/2inch cubes.
- Carefully spoon into pan.
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.