Prep 45 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This is an old recipe from Jell-O. My Mom would make it for special occasions. It looks like stained glass when cut and served. It is a little work, but it will impress!
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipped topping (Dream Whip)
- Prepare the first three colors of jello using 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water for each box.
- Pour each color into an 8-inch square pan and chill overnight; cut into cubes the next day.
- The following day:.
- Dissolve the lemon Jell-O and sugar in 1 cup boiling water; stir in pineapple juice.
- Chill until slightly thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Prepare both envelopes of whipped topping as directed; blend into slightly thickened Jell-O.
- Fold in Jell-O cubes.
- Spoon into a 9-inch spring-form pan; chill overnight.
- To release from pan, run knife around pan and unlatch.
- **use both packages of Dream Whip. I could not remember the size of the packages. It may be more than 1 3/4 cups. Use it all.