1/1 Photo of Crowd-Size Minestrone
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a great minestrone. I improvise and add pasta or whatever else I have that sounds good at the time. This came from Betty Crocker Creative Recipes # 133.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, chopped (3 cups)
- 2 small zucchini, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beans, rinsed and drained (such as kidney, garbanzo or great northern)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
- grated stella parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in 8-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion in oil about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Serve with cheese.
- 3To Refrigerate:.
- 4Refrigerate tightly covered no longer than 48 hours.
- 5To Reheat From Refrigerator:.
- 6Cover and heat soup to boiling in 8-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crowd-Size Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 838.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: