Recipe by Junesjam
I work at a big box store; somehow I ended up having to cook for our Christmas party. The problem? I only had a deep fryer or an oven to cook in! I came up with these potatoes. They were a huge hit.
- 10 lbs red potatoes, sliced
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package bacon bits (this is a precooked, real bacon found on the salad dressing aisle)
- 8 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large food service pan (12x20-inch) with cooking spray.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes into pan; sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, 1/3 onions, 1/3 bacon, and 1/3 cheese.
- Repeat layers for a total of 3 layers. Leave cheese off last layer (keep for later in cooking).
- Pour cream over top; dot with butter. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.