Recipe by Chef Jazzie Jan
Family-Sized Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie
Top Review by Emmbee
This was a delightful recipe and LOVED my all 5 members of my family. I was a bit perplexed by the quantity of spices, but I followed the recipe and it was DELISH! I did mix the chicken soup/chicken broth together first before adding them to the rest of the mix. Next time, we decided that I should try mixing the spices into the soup/broth mix to make them more evenly dispersed for those little mouths that don't like surprise bursts of flavor. This goes into our "keeper" file and the kids thought it looked like it was from a restaurant! thank you!
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken or 3 -4 cups turkey meat, chopped
- 3 medium cooked potatoes, diced
- 3 frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sage or 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking oil.
- Unroll and cut one pie crust in half and place each half in bottom of dish with straight edges coming up on both sides. Cut a second rolled pie crust into quarters. Use 1/4 for each end of dish to complete the bottom crust. Press seams together.
- Saute onions, carrots and celerly in large pan with a tsp of butter or olive oil until tender.
- In a very large bowl, mix together chicken, potatoes, peas, sauted onion mix, canned soup & broth. Pour in baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle seasonings atop of mixture.
- Place remaining pie crust on top in the same order as you did on bottom. No need to press seams together. The holes will create vents for the steam.
- Bake in over 375 degrees ~ 30 minutes til crust is done.