Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe came from but it has been my go to appetizer for years. Everyone that I have ever served it to has asked about them. Perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Definitely give it a try.
- 453.59 g bacon, cut in half
- 24 sliced water chestnuts
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chili sauce
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll water chestnut up in 1/2 slice of bacon; secure with toothpick.
- Place all roll-ups on greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- In small bowl, mix together brown sugar, chili sauce, and mayo.
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove from oven and spoon sauce mixture over each roll-up.
- Cook another 10 minutes, until sauce thickens and starts to caramelize on bacon.